Report: IMPACT Wrestling Moved Rebellion To Avoid Going Head-To-Head With UFC 261
The pay-per-view will now be on April 25
While the pay-per-view was originally scheduled to take place on April 24, IMPACT Wrestling announced earlier this week that Rebellion had been pushed back by a day to Sunday, April 25.
According to Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer, IMPACT decided to change the date to avoid going head-to-head with UFC 261, an event which will be headlined by Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal 2.
The two men previously squared off for the UFC Welterweight Championship at UFC 251, a show which generated 1.3 million pay-per-view buys and was the company's biggest buyrate since October 2018.
Two matches have already been officially announced for Rebellion. Kenny Omega will face Rich Swann in a Title vs. Title match in the main event and the IMPACT World Tag Team Champions FinJuice will defend the gold against The Good Brothers.
Check out the card below:
• Rich Swann (c) vs. Kenny Omega (c) - Title Vs. Title Match for the IMPACT World Championship & AEW World Championship
• FinJuice (c) vs. The Good Brothers - IMPACT World Tag Team Championship
• Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. TBD - Knockouts Championship
• Ace Austin (c) vs. TBD - X-Division Championship
• Fire 'N' Flava (c) vs. TBD - Knockouts Tag Team Championship