Report: Kalisto Asked To Be Split From Lucha House Party in WWE
He was released by the promotion last week
Kalisto was one of the numerous names announced as released by WWE on April 15, 2021, ending a near eight-year spell with the promotion.
The former United States Champion had not been used much since his split from Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik in the 2020 WWE Draft, only featuring once since being sent to Smackdown while the rest of Lucha House Party was drafted to Raw - taking part in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal a couple of weeks ago.
Despite being unused by WWE in recent months, which ultimately played a contributing role in his release from the company last week, it was Kalisto himself that asked to be separated from the Lucha House Party according to new reports.
Dave Meltzer, writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, notes that The Lucha House Party was initially Lince Dorado's idea, as a way for the trio of Mexican superstars to make some merchandise money. It was pitched to Vince McMahon, who signed off on the concept of Dorado, Gran Metalik and Kalisto becoming a stable.
Gran Metalik was happy to back up Dorado and earn more money within the promotion, but Meltzer says Kalisto gradually grew unhappy with being involved in a faction that struggled to get booked, often being used in pre-show matches.
The former Cruiserweight Champion asked to be removed from Lucha House Party a number of times, only to be told no by WWE officials. However, Dorado then got sign-off on Kalisto leaving the group and turning Lucha House Party into a tag-team, because of how much Kalisto did not want to be involved.
Dorado and Metalik have featured semi-regularly on Raw in recent months, taking part in six-man tag-team matches alongside Riddle during his recent feud with the Hurt Business.