RevPro Establishes Hall Of Fame, Ryan Smile To Be First Inductee
Smile will be honoured on November 21
Revolution Pro Wrestling established their own hall of fame earlier this week and announced Ryan Smile will be the first inductee.
The hall of fame will open at the promotion's Uprising 2021 show from York Hall on November 21.
Debuting in 2006, Smile was a regular on the British and Irish independent wrestling scene and he captured titles in Over The Top Wrestling, ATTACK!, and Kamizake Pro Wrestling. He also held the RevPro Undisputed British Cruiserweight Championship in 2017 and established his own promotion, Lucha Forever, which dissolved in 2017.
Smile sadly passed away in October 2020 and the wrestling world paid tribute to 'The All Day Star', including a heartfelt tribute from Will Ospreay at an OTT show earlier this year.
RevPro have also announced the Uprising 2021 card and the show will be main evented by Will Ospreay vs. Shota Umino for the Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship.
The full card is as follows:
- Will Ospreay (c) vs. Shota Umino - Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship
- Alex Windsor (c) vs. Debbie Keitel - Undisputed British Women's Championship
- Michael Oku (c) vs. Speedball Mike Bailey - Undisputed British Cruiserweight Championship
- Aussie Open (c) vs. Ricky Knight Jr. & Roy Knight - Undisputed British Tag Team Championship
- Karl Fredericks & Alex Coughlin vs. Sunshine Machine
- Yota Tsuji vs. Gideon Grey
- Robbie X vs. Francisco Akira