SPOILERS: Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned At High Alert Taping
A big win at NJPW STRONG High Alert
The inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions were crowned at the promotion's High Alert taping in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Sunday, July 24.
A tournament began at New Japan's Ignition taping on June 19 and the team of Christopher Daniels and Yuya Uemura advanced to the final to take on Aussie Open. That match took place at High Alert and in the semi-main event, United Empire's Aussie Open defeated Daniels and Uemura to capture the gold.
They are just the latest members of United Empire to become champions and Will Ospreay is the reigning IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion, while Francesco Akira and TJP are the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb have also had two reigns as IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions in 2022.
Check out full spoilers from High Alert below, courtesy of F4W Online:
- Jorel Nelson def. Shane Haste
- JR Kratos def. Drew Adler
- John Skyler def. Lucky Ali
- Dax Harwood def. Rocky Romero
- Hikuleo def. Big Damo
- The DKC & Kevin Knight def. The Heatseekers
- QT Marshall def. Parker Lee - Marshall offered to face another opponent after the match but he ducked Shota Umino when he made his way to the ring.
- TJP def. Mascara Dorada
- Fred Rosser (c) def. Fred Yehi - NJPW Strong Openweight Championship - TJP came out and was revealed as the next challenger for Rosser's title after the match.
- Ren Narita & KUSHIDA def. The WorkHorsemen
- Eddie Kingston def. Jake Something
- Aussie Open def. Christopher Daniels & Yuya Uemura - NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Championships
- El Desperado def. Blake Christian & Hiromu Takahashi - Triple Threat