WWE's latest pay-per-view is finally here as Backlash 2020 was broadcast from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.
The show included two world title matches as Drew McIntyre defended the WWE Title against Bobby Lashley, while Braun Strowman faced off against The Miz and John Morrison in a Handicap match for the Universal Championship. Many enjoyed the matches but the finish to the Universal Title bout has been criticised for making The Monster Among Men look weak, as he only managed to defeat Miz and Morrison after they squabbled over who should be the new champion.
One scheduled match also did not take place as The Street Profits and The Viking Raiders produced another cinematic segment which involved them brawling around the Performance Center, and even teaming together as The Viking Profits to fend off Akira Tozawa and a group of ninjas.
The pay-per-view was ultimately main evented by Edge vs. Randy Orton in what was billed as The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever. The consensus is that the bout was excellent and was one of the company's best matches of the last 10 years. Whether it wins match of the year remains to be seen.
Check out the full results below:
• Apollo Crews def. Andrade - United States Championship
• Bayley & Sasha Banks def. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross and The IIconics - Women's Tag Team Championships
• Sheamus def. Jeff Hardy
• Asuka vs. Nia Jax ended in a Double Count Out - Raw Women's Championship
• Braun Strowman def. The Miz & John Morrison - Universal Championship
• Drew McIntyre def. Bobby Lashley - WWE Championship
• The Street Profits vs. The Viking Raiders was ruled a no-contest - Raw Tag Team Championships
• Randy Orton def. Edge