Last night, reports noted multiple people in WWE had tested positive for COVID-19. Ryan Satin at Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported at least three people, including in-ring talent, had positive tests, but the number could be higher as Mike Johnson at PWInsider noted a source told him new cases were in the "two dozen range."
After the reports emerged, WWE issued a statement saying they will be testing all staff and talent for coronavirus ahead of TV tapings for the foreseeable future.
The company wrote: "WWE will continue COVID-19 testing of its talent, production crew and employees in advance of TV productions for the foreseeable future."
WWE did not start testing staff and talent for coronavirus until June 16, after a developmental talent present at the June 9 TV tapings had already contracted the virus. Triple H was previously asked why the wrestling behemoth had not introduced COVID-19 testing and said the company was waiting for more reliable tests to be widely available.
All Elite Wrestling and UFC have been testing all staff and talent for coronavirus since early May. New Japan Pro-Wrestling also introduced mandatory testing ahead of their return on June 15.