NXT UK is set to return on September 17 following a five-month hiatus because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. The roster travelled to BT Sport Studios in London, England in late August and taped eight weeks worth of content. Matches set to take place in the coming weeks are Kay Lee Ray vs. Piper Niven for the NXT UK Women's Championship and WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov for the NXT United Kingdom Title.
WWE has used British wrestling history for inspiration in its relaunch as the company announced the NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament. Flash Morgan Webster, Alexander Wolfe, A-Kid, Dave Mastiff, Noam Dar, Trent Seven, Joseph Conners and a mystery participant will battle it out for the cup. The tournament will be contested under Admiral-Lord Mountevans rules and the winner will receive the NXT UK Heritage Cup Championship.
As opposed to the professional wrestling matches fans are accustomed to, all bouts will consist of six three-minute rounds. Check out the full rules below:
• All matches consist of six three-minute rounds.
• All matches are two-out-of-three Falls.
• Falls can won be won by pinfall, submission or count-out.
• Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
• The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
• In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
• If all six rounds are completed, whomever is ahead on falls wins the match.
• There will be a 20-second break between each round.