WWE Universal Title Match Added To Elimination Chamber
As part of a two-match parlay
The WWE Universal title will be on the line at next Sunday's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, but it won't be defended in the Chamber itself. And the challenger to Roman Reigns will not have an easy night.
Reigns will be defending the title on February 21, against the winner of an Elimination Chamber match to be held earlier in the night. Participants include Jey Uso, Kevin Owens, King Corbin, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, and Cesaro.
Adam Pearce gave Uso and Owens automatic bids into the Chamber match. The other entrants had to win qualifying tag team bouts held on Friday's SmackDown.
Subsequently, Corbin and Zayn beat Rey and Dominik Mysterio, while Bryan and Cesaro upended Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode.
The updated card for WWE Elimination Chamber, taking place Sunday night, February 21 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, FL, is as follows:
* WWE World/Elimination Chamber: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. The Miz vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Sheamus
* WWE Universal: Roman Reigns (c) vs. winner of SmackDown's Elimination Chamber match
* Elimination Chamber for Universal Title shot: Jey Uso vs. Kevin Owens vs. King Corbin vs. Sami Zayn vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro
* Raw Women's: Asuka (c) vs. Lacey Evans
* WWE United States: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Keith Lee vs. Matt Riddle