Over the past several weeks, eight WWE Superstars have fought to become the inaugural NXT UK Heritage Cup Champion. Flash Morgan Webster, Kenny Williams, Alexander Wolfe, A-Kid, Dave Mastiff, Noam Dar, Trent Seven and Joseph Conners all competed under Admiral-Lord Mountevans rules and the winner of the tournament was crowned last night.
A-Kid and Trent Seven went one on one in the final and the 24-year-old picked up the first fall in the third round to take an early lead. He then had the tournament won in the fifth, but time ran out before the official could count the pin. This gave The Don the opportunity he needed to fight back and he sent the match to sudden-death overtime in the sixth round after picking up his first fall.
Both men then battled back and forth in overtime, but A-Kid eventually forced Seven to submit.
With that, A-Kid was crowned the inaugural Heritage Cup Champion. He will now defend the cup on future editions of NXT UK under the following rules:
• All matches consist of six three-minute rounds.
• All matches are two-out-of-three Falls.
• Falls can won be won by pinfall, submission or count-out.
• Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
• The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
• In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
• If all six rounds are completed, whomever is ahead on falls wins the match.
• There will be a 20-second break between each round.