Reports emerged on Thursday regarding a meeting Triple H held with NXT talent in regard to the black-and-gold brand's move to Tuesday nights.
NXT aired its final regular Wednesday night show this week and will present a two-night TakeOver special on Wednesday 7 and Thursday 8 April, before moving to their new slot on the USA Network from Tuesday 13.
Initial reports from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer suggested Triple H had said something that resembled the notion that NXT had been 'bullied' off Wednesday nights, but Meltzer would correct this on social media, something that has been clarified by Fightful.
The report indicates that the NXT executive producer's speech instead focused on the positive reasons behind the brand's switch of nights, telling the NXT roster that going on the night after Raw would be of benefit to all of NXT.
It was also mentioned that the switch from Wednesdays to Tuesdays has been in the works for a while, with the USA Network originally opening discussions about the move a year ago.
Triple H also reportedly said that, with the move away from Wednesdays - and the inevitable comparisons with AEW - people would focus more on the show rather than the ratings.