Last week AEW made the surprising announcement of their first ever house-show, scheduled for Friday April 9 at Daily’s Place, Jacksonville, Florida.
Believed to be scheduled to mop up some of the wrestling fans in the state for WrestleMania that same weekend, it’s a shrewd business decision, if not a little eyebrow raising. Now, AEW have released some more info on the event via their Twitter account, unveiling the event name and who is scheduled to appear.
Sticking with their loose casino theme, AEW has named the house show ‘The House Always Wins’, and has announced several matches so far:
• Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa vs. Mike Sydal & Matt Sydal
• The Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. Death Triangle
• Cody Rhodes vs. Ethan Page
• AEW TNT Champion Darby Allin will defend against an opponent to be announced
• Also scheduled: AEW Women’s World Champion Hikaru Shida, Britt Baker, Jade Cargill, Orange Cassidy, The Pinnacle (MJF with Wardlow, FTR, Shawn Spears), and more
The event is being advertised in a ticket bundle with AEW: Dynamite on April 7.