Report: Carlito Telling Promoters He's Signed With WWE
Carlito might be on his way back to WWE
Half-eaten apples could soon be filling WWE rings.
Dave Meltzer has reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Carlito was scheduled to perform for Great North Wrestling on July 15 but he has since called up Devon Nicholson (AKA HANNIBAL TV, The Bloodhunter) and told him that he can't work the show as he has signed with WWE.
"The only thing I know there is he had an independent show on July 15th for Devon Nicholson in Canada and he called him up to cancel and said that he is signed with WWE. So perhaps he is signed with WWE. Wouldn't surprise me because he got that big, big pop in Puerto Rico," Meltzer said.
There has been speculation about a full-time return for Carlito after he made the save for Bad Bunny at Backlash on May 6 in Puerto Rico. Carlito received a huge pop for his return and reports have since indicated the former Intercontinental Champion was in Orlando, Florida earlier this month on WWE business.
Carlito has not performed for WWE on a full-time basis since 2010. He made a brief return in 2021, competing in that year's Royal Rumble before he teamed with Jeff Hardy on the post-PPV edition of Monday Night Raw.