WWE
News

Report: Superstar Pulled From WWE NXT Halloween Havoc Following COVID-19 Outbreak

Changes had to be made...

It emerged yesterday that there had been another coronavirus outbreak at the WWE Performance Center. Fightful Select reported NXT held an in-house live event on Friday, October 23 and those in attendance were asked to quarantine for two weeks. Dave Meltzer added that aspects of Halloween Havoc would have to be changed, but no one who was a regular on NXT TV had tested positive.   

Meltzer has since reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Indi Hartwell was scheduled to be under the Ghostface mask and do a run-in during last night's NXT Women's Championship match. The angle still took place on the show and a masked individual did help Candice LeRae, but the unmasking spot was ultimately scrapped. 

Meltzer said: "The basic gist is that one of the coaches was diagnosed with COVID so everyone that trained at the gym on Friday was told to quarantine for two weeks whether they tested positive or not. Most of the TV people were not there. I was told none of the TV people tested positive... 

"The only name that I know that was booked on the show tonight that wasn't there was Indi Hartwell, who was gonna do a run-in... The person in the Scream mask that helped Candice LeRae was supposed to be Indi Hartwell and may end up being called Indi Hartwell because she never unmasked. The idea was for her to unmask as Indi Hartwell but she wasn't there. It was somebody else under the thing."



Share this post

Report: Update On Thunder Rosa's NWA Status

Stipulation Added To The Young Bucks Vs. FTR At AEW Full Gear 2020

Aidan Gibbons

Written by Aidan Gibbons

Cultaholic's resident newshound.