Report: Top WWE WrestleMania 36 Matches Have Already Been Taped
Just in the nick of time...
On Tuesday, Mayor of Orange County, Florida Jerry Demings issued an executive order ordering residents to stay at home and for all non-essential businesses to close from 11pm ET on March 26 until at least April 9. This puts future WWE tapings after the Raw after WrestleMania 36 in doubt, and the company could have to resort to airing older content to fill their TV time.
The executive order left many concerned that WWE might not finish taping The Showcase Of The Immortals in time, as night two was reportedly going to be taped on Thursday night. However, Bryan Alvarez reported on Wrestling Observer Live that the top matches on the card have already been filmed, meaning the company will only have to add the finishing touches to The Show Of Shows later on today.
Alvarez said: "So WrestleMania is taping right now and the impression that I've been given is I believe some of the big matches have already been taped and I'm pretty sure they're all going to be done long before this stay at home order begins."
WrestleMania 36 is only nine days away and will be broadcast from multiple locations on April 4 and April 5. Check out the announced card below:
• Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre - WWE Championship
• Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns - Universal Championship
• Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler - Raw Women's Championship
• Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair - NXT Women's Championship
• "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena
• Edge vs. Randy Orton - Last Man Standing match
• The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles - Boneyard match
• Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
• Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina vs. Naomi - Fatal 5-Way for the SmackDown Women's Championship
• Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
• The Street Profits (c) vs. Andrade & Angel Garza - Raw Tag Team Championships
• Elias vs. Baron Corbin