Report: WWE Bringing NXT Talent In For Royal Rumble (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
A few names are reportedly on tap
Mike Johnson of PWInsider is reporting that WWE is bringing at least two notable NXT talents in for this year's Royal Rumble, though it's unconfirmed if they're going to be part of the Rumble matches.
According to Johnson's report, NXT champion Bron Breakker, as well as Gunther (the former WALTER), are going to be in St. Louis for the Rumble.
The men's Rumble match only has 15 announced participants as of this writing.
The card for the 2022 Royal Rumble, taking place Saturday, January 29, at The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis, is as follows:
* Men's Royal Rumble match: Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, Angelo Dawkins, Montez Ford, Austin Theory, Sheamus, Johnny Knoxville, Damian Priest, AJ Styles, Big E, Happy Corbin, Madcap Moss, Kofi Kingston, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, and 15 more TBA
* Women's Royal Rumble match: Carmella, Dana Brooke, Nikki ASH, Queen Zelina, Rhea Ripley, Tamina, Aliyah, Charlotte Flair, Naomi, Natalya, Shayna Baszler, Shotzi, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Lita, Kelly Kelly, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Summer Rae, Bianca Belair, Liv Morgan, and 9 more TBA
* WWE World: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Bobby Lashley
* WWE Universal: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins (Jimmy and Jey Uso are barred from ringside)
* Raw Women's: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Doudrop
* Edge and Beth Phoenix vs. The Miz and Maryse