Triple H Reportedly Had No Say In Recent WWE NXT Releases
12 names were let go from NXT by WWE on Friday
WWE NXT Executive Producer Triple H reportedly had zero say in the releases of 12 individuals from the black-and-gold brand last week.
Friday saw the latest round of budget cuts from WWE, which hit NXT particularly hard, as names such as former North American Champion Bronson Reed, former NXT Tag Team Champion Bobby Fish, Mercedes Martinez and many others were let go from the promotion.
Amid ongoing rumours and speculation about what the most recent round of cuts to the black-and-gold roster means for the future of NXT, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer is reporting that Triple H - the man credited with the conception and development of NXT - had no input in the discussions surrounding recent releases.
Meltzer says the names released came down to Vince McMahon, Bruce Pritchard and John Laurinaitis, with the suggestion being the names let go on Friday weren't right for the main roster.
Meltzer said: "Paul Levesque and Shawn Michaels didn’t have anything to do with the cuts. It was done by Vince McMahon, Bruce Prichard and John Laurinaitis.
"The basic gist is that NXT is gonna change in some ways and they think that a lot of the competitors are too small and too old."