Eric Young Reveals He Was Supposed To Go Back To NXT Before His Release
Also says Triple H didn't know his release was coming...
Like a good share of NXT call-ups of the past few years, Eric Young gasped for airtime on WWE's main roster. The former Sanity leader was hardly used on the primary shows before his release from the company this past April.
Now back in his longtime Impact Wrestling home, Young spoke with Chris Van Vliet about his release, and says that Triple H was the first person to reach out to him after he got the news.
“I can tell you now Scott D’Amore was the second person I heard from when the news came out. This is going to sound weird, but Triple H was the very first," said Young. "He was unaware that it was happening. He’s in a different position in the company now. [We] have always had a very good relationship."
Young adds that he was supposed to revert back to the Wednesday night brand, adding, "The original plan after WrestleMania was for me to go back to NXT. We had been talking a lot about ideas and what might happen. When they said they were going to release talent, I knew for sure I was going to be on that list.
"It’s nothing personal. I don’t take it personally. I’m not bitter in any way. One person made a massive mistake. I’m not the first person he made a mistake on and I won’t be the last.”
(Credit to Fightful for transcription)