New Japan Pro Wrestling’s upcoming Sakura Genesis show on Sunday April 4 will see Kota Ibushi put the newly formed IWGP World Heavyweight Title on the line for the first time, against New Japan Cup Winner Will Ospreay.
NJPW made the announcement at a press conference during an eventful weekend that saw Ospreay defeat Shingo Takagi for the cup.
Also announced for Sakura Genesis, IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Champions El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru will defend the titles against SHO and YOH. YOH returned to New Japan during Sunday’s Cup Final show.
Here is the full line-up so far:
• Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
• El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs. Roppongi 3K - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
• Hiroshi Tanahashi & Satoshi Kojima vs. Jay White & Bad Luck Fale
• Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & Shingo Takagi vs. The Great-O-Khan, Jeff Cobb & a mystery partner
• Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs. EVIL, KENTA, Yujiro Takahashi, Taiji Ishimori & Dick Togo
• Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr. & DOUKI vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Jado