Mercedes Martinez Issues Statement On WWE NXT Release
Martinez was released by WWE last week
Mercedes Martinez has taken to social media to issue her first comments since her release from WWE.
Martinez was one of a number of talent let go from the NXT brand on Friday 6 August. Martinez had initially competed in the 2017 Mae Young Classic before signing with WWE full-time in January 2020.
Her final match on the black-and-gold brand came on June 29, teaming with Jake Atlas against Xia Li and Boa.
Reflecting on her time in WWE, Martienz says she never thought she'd make it to the company and wouldn't change a thing, while also thanking Triple H for his faith in her.
Taking to Twitter, Martinez wrote: "My life..I never thought I would ever make it to the WWE. I stayed dedicated, hustled, grinded, and sacrificed more than I could ever imagined to reach that goal. It took 20yrs…..but I wouldn’t change anything bc the universe has a way of making things work out.
"I never fit the mold ANYWHERE but I stayed TRUE to myself, ALWAYS. The diamond in the rough” so to say….
"I truly want to thank @tripleh @wwe and @WWENXT for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. I understand this business is never a guarantee for anything, and that sometimes the risk is higher than the reward. I’m grateful, blessed and humbled. Thank you to all that have text, messaged, emailed, called, and to those that put me on blast on social media..lol.
"The overwhelming love does not go unnoticed. But…….DONT COUNT ME OUT! The BEST of me is still yet to be unseen. I’m rebuilding myself and I know my worth, always have. My drive, dedication, perseverance and my hard knocks stubbornness says I have more to prove. I’m looking forward to THE NEXT CHAPTER!……"