Pro Wrestling Rumours - Aug. 30, 2025: Chris Jericho To WWE, Kenny Omega's Health Status, WWE ID Releases
Latest updates on Chris Jericho's future in pro wrestling and much more!
.jpg&w=3840&q=75)
Aug 30, 2025
As we head into WWE’s Clash In Paris weekend, there is plenty to talk about on August 30 in regards to reports and rumours across the professional wrestling world, with the main talking point surrounding Chris Jericho’s potential return to WWE, with the man himself reportedly reaching out to the company.
Elsewhere, Kenny Omega has responded to reports about his health, and we have learned more about WWE’s recent ID releases.
There has been plenty of speculation regarding the future of Chris Jericho and his status as his AEW contract is believed to be ticking down to an expiry by the end of 2025. There have been reports of WWE’s potential interest in bringing Jericho in after his contract with AEW expires (potentially around Royal Rumble season), with the fire being stoked with Jericho liking a social media post about a WWE comeback.
When it comes to Jericho’s intentions for the next steps of his career, Mike Johnson of PWInsider has revealed in a Q&A that Jericho has reportedly made overtures to WWE to gauge their interest in him. This belief comes from talent, with conversations also being had in WWE about a Jericho return. There is no solid confirmation as of yet on this front, but it is noted that “many” believe it to be true.
Tony Khan commented on Chris Jericho’s status recently, talking highly of his importance to AEW’s history and rise, but not confirming whether or not Jericho would be back in the fold at some point in the future.
Kenny Omega returned to action at AEW’s Forbidden Door 2025 PPV event (after not wrestling since All In 2025), competing inside the brutal Lights Out Steel Cage matchup, following up by saving AEW World Champion ‘Hangman’ Adam Page from an attack by the Don Callis Family on this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite. A report emerged over the next couple of days from Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Omega was working through ‘serious pain’ right now.
Omega himself has now responded to these rumours. He hasn’t directly confirmed or denied the reports, but has certainly hinted at some truth behind being hurt, but has said that it will be nothing that will keep him out of action soon. On social media, Omega said the following.
“Everybody is (in pain) in some way, right? Let’s not worry about me, we got work to do next week! I’ll be fine.”
AEW has been hit by some big injuries at the top of the card, with both Will Ospreay and Swerve Strickland ruled out of action for a prolonged period of time.
Earlier this week, WWE released several talents from their Independent Development programme. Those let go from the programme include Aaron Roberts, Ice Williams, and Jordan Oasis. The latter two names will still be appearing on WWE Evolve due to the pre-taped nature of the show. When it comes to the reason behind these recent releases and what to expect going forwards, Fightful Select have learned some more.
It is noted that these sorts of releases were ‘always part of the plan’ and that this will be a naturally occurring thing as the programme continues, with there being signings and releases much like other brands and rosters in WWE.
WWE ID provides a pathway for independent wrestlers to join WWE, with the scheme giving WWE the first right of refusal on signing talents who are signed up to the programme. One of the several promotions affiliated with the programme, Knokx Pro, had ties cut with WWE due to the recent Raja Jackson incident, in which he punched wrestler Syko Stu 21 times.
WWE’s roster has recently been wrestling across Europe on the Road To Clash In Paris, competing at both televised shows and live events in the likes of Dublin, Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Cardiff, and Lyon. These are the first house shows for a month - the first since WWE’s four shows in Mexico & Texas, and prior to that WWE hadn’t held any house shows since WrestleMania season.
The schedule for WWE’s live events has gradually gone down in recent years, with wrestlers now spending far less time on the road. Fightful Select have learned more on the response to the latest run of house shows from talent, and their opinions on the events.
The word from WWE talent spoken to by Fightful reveals that the current WWE schedule is much more preferred, with more time spent at home. One event stated that they didn’t miss house shows, although admitted they are fun to wrestle on. This notion of house shows feeling special rings true among other talent, with it stating that they feel much different to working TV, and the lessened amount on the schedule means they feel more special when it comes competing on them.
It is noted that WWE is still planning their annual Holiday Tour in December, but there are no plans of increasing WWE’s house show schedule. This comes following comments earlier this year from TKO’s Mark Shapiro about cutting down on live events.
Bronson Reed has been building momentum in WWE as the shoe-stealing, trainer-thieving, sneaker-snatching, plimsoll-pilfering “Tribal Thief”. He has taken to the habit of robbing Roman Reigns’ various pairs of trainers in the lead up to their match at Clash In Paris 2025, being handed the moniker of “Tribal Chief”, something WWE sought to make some profit off.
WWE added a t-shirt to their WWE Shop website this week, which was a mock-up of Roman Reigns’ “Tribal Chief” shirt design, though the “Chief” was replaced with “Thief”, and there were a pair of shoes dangling from the neckline, representing how Reed has worn his “Shoe-la Fala” in recent weeks. Yes, there are a lot of puns.
However, the t-shirt was soon removed from WWE’s website, and replaced with a design that did not include the shoes. Fightful Select have revealed that this is down to copyright, with the shoes sharing a likeness to real footwear from other brands. It isn’t stated whether or not any problems actually cropped up, only that WWE changed the design to avoid copyright issues.