Forbes released their annual Billionaires List earlier today and coming in at number 691 is WWE Chairman and CEO, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.
Here’s what the listing had to say about Vince, who has been running roughshod over both Raw and SmackDown Live over recent weeks, pulling apart matches that he doesn’t really fancy seeing:
- Vince McMahon is chairman and CEO of entertainment company World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which hauls in nearly $1 billion in annual revenue.
- A third generation wrestling promoter, McMahon grew up in a trailer park in North Carolina and joined his father’s small wrestling company in 1972.
- McMahon purchased the business 10 years later, then transformed the World Wrestling Federation from a regional operation into a global phenomenon.
- WWF (now called WWE) went public in 1999; today its programs are broadcast in roughly 150 countries and more than 30 languages.
- His foundation has gifted funds to the Boys & Girls Club of Stamford, CT, and Breast Cancer Alliance.
Over time, here is what Vince’s net worth has looked like:
October 2000: $1.1 billion
October 2001: $700 million
September 2002: $570 million
March 2014: $1.2 billion
March 2017: $1.3 billion
March 2018: $1.7 billion
October 2018: $3.3 billion
March 2019: $3.2 billion
For comparison’s sakes, AEW lead investor Shahid Khan is ranked 224 on the list with a net worth of $7.2 billion.