Alex Hammerstone Gives Update On MLW Release Request
Alex Hammerstone has spoken on his recent issues with MLW
Major League Wrestling was recently rocked when former MLW World Champion Alex Hammerstone submitted a request to be released from his contract, a request that MLW have so far declined to honour.
Hammerstone recently took to social media to give an update on his MLW status, saying the following:
“I just wanted to take a second to jump on here and talk to you guys. I’ve been getting a lot of questions and comments. Has MLW released me? Are they gonna release me? What’s my future in wrestling look like? So I kind of want to give an update.
“Unfortunately, the update is that I am not really sure at this point. Before I continue, the point of this video is not to bash the company. It’s not to talk negatively about anybody. It’s just to be an update on the situation as I currently understand it. Now this whole situation kind of broke to the news and the dirt sheets just recently, but it’s actually been ongoing for a couple months now. The communication on that end to me has been sparse, to put it nicely. I’ve tried several times to get on the phone with Court Bauer. It hasn’t happened, unfortunately. The people in the office that I have been related to speaking with, the last I was told was that they were actually working towards a release. However, that was several weeks ago at this point. Then when they broke the story to the dirt sheets, they told them that they had actually no intention of releasing me. So I’m not sure if there’s a miscommunication somewhere, or if I was simply told that just to kind of shut me up and make me leave them alone for a little while. But like I said, I’m trying to leave the emotion and the options out of this and just give you the facts of this and just give you the facts of my situation," Hammerstone said.
Hammerstone continued, noting that he hasn’t worked for the promotion in over 100 days:
"The facts are this: I have not worked for the company in well over 100 days at this point. They removed me from their active roster page, they removed me from all current marketing material. They edited me out of the show intro and highlights and those sort of things. I have not been contacted for any dates moving forward. Several dates have come and passed. I wasn’t contacted to work those, and I have not been contacted for their upcoming shows. It’s been made pretty apparent to me at this point that they have no intention of using me moving forward, but their official statement was that they have no intention of releasing me. So I’m not sure if I’m being punished, just for asking if that was a possibility, or if there’s a miscommunication somewhere. Unfortunately, that’s the best I can update you guys with right now. I’m trying to stay optimistic and just trying to move forward one day at a time. I love this business, I love this sport, and I want to continue doing it on a high level. Hopefully, there’s a resolution to this situation soon, but that’s all I can tell you right now," Hammerstone said.
GCW recently revealed that Hammerstone will be making his debut for the company at What is Your Choice in Brooklyn on December 3.